Page 4 - demolizioni
P. 4
In 1900, and the reason for this is unknown, Prince Borghese, after having bought it from the Congregation of Sant’Eligio dei Ferrari for exactly 100 years, sold it (building and garden) to the Vatican.
The Vatican restructures it to the "good" and transforms it into a hospice for poor wo- men, girls' school and asylum.
A plaque, posted in the stairwell, reminds us of this.
The hospitable house From the most holy conception and by Aloisio Gonzaga To house poor women at night, The author was S. Giovanni Battista de 'Rossi Francesco M. Galluzzi, a Jesuit, continued his work sprung from small beginnings Benedict XIV Pontiff Maximus He endowed her with donations Pius IX P. M. With the already mentioned laws and extension works He established it with the hope of continuity Now the girls' school has been added And a kindergarten to accommodate children under seven who can no longer live in old houses for various reasons These houses have been built in a more convenient place Thanks to Leo XIII P. M. Giuseppe Maria Costantini Archbishop Master of the Sacred Largizioni Responsible for holding the house he cured Holy Year 1900
OUR HOME FROM 1900 TO 1933